FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSIn Zimbabwe, on the Zambezi River just across the Botswana/Zimbabwe border
Fire wood is supplied free of charge, included in the rate
- CAN WE BUY WOOD AT CODGERS?
Fuel remains an issue in Zimbabwe, the Codgers Pontoon has a small engine and we advise client to fill up 2 or 3 x 20lt jerry cans which should be ample for an average 4 night stay. The cheapest fuel is readily available Botswana so a fill up at the Engen just before entering Zimbabwe is recommended. When the Zimbabwean fuel situation returns to normal it will still be cheaper to buy fuel in Botswana. Fuel is not included in the daily rate.
- WHAT ABOUT FUEL FOR THE PONTOON?
Budget Approx: R4 200 allowing for a full tank for while you are in the Vic Falls area. Fuel can be bought in Kasane prior to entering Zim and this allows for two visits from Codgers to Vic Falls with 200kms left in case.
- WHAT WOULD BE OUR FUEL COSTS JOHANNESBURG TO CODGERS RETURN?
We worked the budget on a Land Rover Discovery 4, 3liter.
Six adults sharing in three rooms, we also have a pull out sleeper couch for 2 additional children
- HOW MANY DOES CODGERS SLEEP?
Yes included in the rateNo. The skipper must drive the boat and it must be moored back at Codgers by sun down.Yes daily, included in the rate
- WILL THERE BE A SKIPPER FOR THE BOAT
Yes it is situated in a National Park. Care must be taken and clients are advised strongly, not to walk into the bush as the house is not fenced.Game drives at the neighbouring lodge can be arranged on arrival at a cost of $40pp. This is strictly subject to availability and space cannot be guaranteed.Not required but the last 400 meters is a sand road; it can become a bit difficult in the rainy season
- ARE THERE WILD ANIMALS AROUND THE HOUSE
No, all consumables must be brought to the property
- CAN YOU BUY FOOD/DRINKS AT CODGERS
No, all fishing gear must be provided by the client.
- IS FISHING TACKLE SUPPLIED?
Yes. Visa and MasterCard.
- ARE CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED FOR PAYMENT OF EXTRAS?
Square pin plug and some South African round pins
- WHAT PLUGS ARE USED IN THE HOUSE?
Shoprite Kasane ( 15kms away ) in Botswana and Vic Falls Town has TM Stores ( 70kms )
- WHERE ARE THE NEAREST SHOPS TO BUY FOOD AND DRINK
There is no Wi-Fi at Codgers, guests have three options:
- Allow full roaming on your SA cell phone contract, beware this is an expensive solution but in an emergency worth every cent.
- Buy a NetOne (Zimbabwe) Sim card loaded with sufficient data in Victoria Falls, there is 3G coverage at Codgers. Please ensure that you test that your devices are working prior to leaving the NetOne Shop.
- Buy a Mascom (Botswana) Sim card loaded with sufficient data in Kasane Town, there is strong signal at Codgers as its close to the Botswana border, we are sure that 3G is available but will be sure to test this on our next visit.